As a result of a collaboration project, the EPNS and Mac Keith Press are offering interactive online learning courses based on: 2nd edition Principle and Practice of Child Neurology in Infancy
Check out the FREE COURSE COMPANION for a quick reference guide: CLICK HERE
Editor: Colin Kennedy Assistant Editors: Gian Paolo Ciaffoni, Leena Haataja, Richard Newton, Thomas Sejersen and Jane Williams. Authors: distinguished experts drawn from all over Europe and the emphasis throughout is on clinical methods, the use of appropriate investigations and treatments, and the avoidance of unnecessary or potentially harmful interventions.
- Complements your clinical training to improve knowledge and clinical practice.
- Interact with the material by answering reflective activities to create a digital workbook.
- Test your knowledge with a Multiple-Choice Questionnaire.
- Read further with references & free access to videos & 6 classic paediatric neurology textbooks.
- Receive a PDF certificate on completion with EACCME® accreditation points
Principles of Child Neurology in Infancy: 10 accreditation points.
Sets out in a succinct format the description of basic definitions used in classification of paediatric neurologic diseases, principles of working with families, of clinical assessment, of screening, vaccination, use of investigations and treatments, and of evidence-based medicine. Now accredited and available to purchase! Receive a PDF certificate on completion with 10 accreditation points.
Clinical Practice of Child Neurology in Infancy: 11 accreditation points.
An up-to-date summary of current clinical practice in paediatric neurology, covers a wide range of clinical scenarios, and provides authoritative advice from distinguished experts who present an accessible, symptom-based approach to clinical problems and their management. Now accredited and available to purchase! Receive a PDF certificate on completion with 11 accreditation points.
Who are the online courses for?
Particularly useful for paediatric neurologists, paediatricians, neurologists, and other health professionals involved in the care of children with neurological problems. The emphasis on clinical assessment and the inclusion of some tropical diseases renders the course relevant to all regions of the world including those where resources for health care are limited.
‘“The course was well structured with so many practical useful tips explained in a simple interesting way… The free books and videos along with the course were a boon as they contain so much useful information. “ “Books by Mackeith press have always been indispensable for Developmental Paediatricians. The course “Principles of Child neurology in Infancy” stood up to the standards as well. “
Try before you buy, register for the free 48 hour trial with access to Topic 4: Promoting child development and Topic 11: Genetic Testing for 48 hours.
How do I register? CLICK HERE
Fee for Online Courses:
Fully paid EPNS members are entitled to significant discounts. See below fee table for explanation.
(1 or 2)
|2 Course Package
(both 1 and 2)
|EPNS members WB4A
(coupon code epnsmem40)
(coupon code epnsmem35)
|EPNS members WB4B and WB123
(coupon code epnsmem60)
(coupon code epnsmem50)
|ALL Non EPNS members (no coupon code)||€ 165||€ 220|
The coupon code must be input at check-out. Any questions about the coupon code, email email@example.com
NOTE: coupon codes used will be verified and access can be revoked. Euro prices are subject to exchange rate conversion from GBP fees given on the Mac Keith Press website
Payment is for 12 months access with the option to renew access at 50% discount.
The fee paid depends on the EPNS membership fee category system (which is based on the World Bank classification). Definitions of EPNS membership fee category system, based on country where you practice:
- World Bank list of high income economies 2021
- WB123 = all countries not on the above list
- WB4B = all countries highlighted in yellow on the above list
- WB4A = all countries on the above list, except those highlighted in yellow
The course is accessed online and is hosted on a Moodle learning platform.
- Logging in will give access to the course learning material split into subject Topics. Within each Topic you can interact with the material by answering Reflective Activities. Your answers will be compiled into your digital workbook that can be saved as a PDF. The end of each Topic will allow you to test your knowledge with a Multiple-Choice Questionnaire.
- Each topic is supported by reference papers for further reading and the useful resources section provides free access to six classic paediatric neurology text books.
- The course can be worked through at a rate comfortable to you as there is no start or end date for completion. The course is open to you for 12 months and renewal of access is possible. When you have fulfilled all requirements, you will receive a PDF certificate confirming your completion of the course.
Check out the video below for a flavour of what to expect.:
For more detailed information:
Watch the following 10-minute podcast: