Instagram profile: young_epns
Facebook profile: YEPNS
WELCOME MESSAGE (1 October 2023)
We are happy to welcome to the young section of the EPNS!
The initiative to form a section of young EPNS members came from EPNS board and the founding meeting of the Young EPNS Committee took place on November 2020.
Our main objectives are:
- to make the EPNS known and familiar to every young professional starting out or already working in the field of paediatric neurology,
- to make the resources that EPNS already offers noticeable and available and enable young members to take the most advantage of them,
- to establish and develop missing resources targeting young members’ needs,
- to raise the voice of the young members in the activities and in the official organs of EPNS and other neurology related societies
- to meet and connect the members of the young EPNS and other societies, on a professional and on a personal level
The ultimate goal is to reinforce the professional growth of the early career paediatric neurologists but also the growth of the field of paediatric neurology itself in Europe and beyond, which consequentially represents best possible future for our patients.
The YEPNS consists of five Working Groups (WGs):
- Research & Career
- Education & Clinical
- Guidelines & Good Clinical Practice
- Social Media & Networking
- Climate change, environmental awareness & Equity
We are currently working on several projects, in close cooperation with the relevant EPNS committee: key projects are the EPNS JOURNAL CLUB which takes place virtually on the 4th Wednesday of every other month at 17:00h CET and the virtual CASE DISCUSSIONS which takes place in the alternate months to the Journal Club.
If you are young and a member of EPNS, you are warmly welcome to participate in the ongoing activities. Membership is open to all paediatric neurologists or trainees and colleagues in related fields. There are substantially discounted EPNS membership fees for trainees and it is very easy to join; all you need to do is complete the ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
If you want to learn more and be actively involved in the activities of the YEPNS Working Groups, like and follow our social media accounts on Instagram @young_epns and Facebook @YEPNS and fill out the YEPNS free subscription form by clicking the button below or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
On behalf of the YEPNS Committee
Marietta Papadopoulou, MD, Child Neurologist
Chair of the Young European Paediatric Neurology Society (YEPNS)
Introducing the YEPNS Committee members
|First Name||Last Name||Country|
|Lena Luise||Becker (WG Coordinator)||Germany|
|Thomas||Foiadelli (WG Coordinator)||Italy|
|Marta||Gomez Garcia de la banda||France|
|Jelte||Helfferich (WG Coordinator)||Netherlands|
|Karina||Kersbergen (WG Coordinator)||Netherlands|
|Marietta||Papadopoulou (YEPNS CHAIR)||France|
|Roberto||Previtali (WG Coordinator)||Italy|