In addition to the Aicardi Award, presented during the biennial EPNS Congresses, three other prizes are awarded (note the Outstanding Abstract award is new in 2021) as follows:
- Outstanding abstract
- In 2019 this was a special award named in the memory of Linda De Meirleir
- In 2022, visit the congress website https://epns-congress.com/awards/
- Best Oral Presentation.
- Best e-Poster
The Outstanding Abstract Award is presented during the Congress Opening ceremony.
The Best ePoster and Best Oral presentation Awards are presented during the Congress Closing ceremony.
The winners are awarded with a free registration for the next congress. In 2022, the winners also received free access to https://www.epns.info/child-neurology-in-infancy-online-courses/
14th EPNS Congress 2022: Glasgow, UK:
Outstanding Abstract Award: ‘The expanding phenotypical spectrum of congenital disorders of autophagy due to recessive mutations in EPG5’.
Dr Hormos Salimi Dafsari from Germany and Celine Deneubourg, UK.
Best Oral Presentation: Presenting author: Michela GUGLIERI (United Kingdom)
Title: Corticosteroid regimens for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy: results of an international comparative safety and efficacy randomized controlled trial
Co-authors: Kate BUSHBY, Michael MCDERMOTT, Kimberly HART, Rabi TAWIL, William MARTENS, Barbara HERR, Elaine MCCOLL
Best e-Poster Presentation: Presenting author: Catherine SARRET (France)
Title: Robot-assisted gait training on walking abilities and cerebral connectivity in children with hemiplegic cerebral palsy
Co-authors: Laura JULIEN, Guillemette MOREAU-PERNET, Carine CHASSAIN, Anna SONTHEIMER, Bruno PEREIRA, Sacha BOURRAND, Bénédicte PONTIER, Emmanuelle ROCHETTE, Jean-Jacques LEMAIRE
13th EPNS Congress 2019: Athens, Greece:
- Linda de Meirleir Award: Dr Hanna Hulshof from the Netherlands outstanding abstract submission ‘Neuroimaging findings as biomarkers of epilepsy risk and neurodevelopment at two years in patients with Tuberous Sclerosis Complex (TSC)’.
- Best Oral Presentation: Dr Anna Balagura from Italy. ‘Genotype-phenotype correlations in Italian patients with KCNQ2-related Epileptic Encephalopathy’
- Best Poster: Dr Alejandra Darling from Spain. ‘Expanding the neurological spectrum of Seipin Deficiency (BSCL2), a complex lipid defect’
12th EPNS Congress 2017: Lyon, France:
- Best Oral Presentation: Dr Belohlavkova from Czech Republic: Trends in paediatric epilepsy surgery 2000-2016
- Best e-Poster Presentation: M.J.Gonzalez from Spain: DTI in early treated PKU
11th EPNS Congress 2015: Vienna, Austria:
- Best Oral Presentation: Darling Alejandra from Spain: Pantotenate Kinase Associated Neurodegeneration: Clinical Assessment and Genetic Characterization by means of a Spanish Multi-Centre Research Network
- Best e-Poster Presentation: Laugel Vincent from France: Cockayne syndrome and DNA repair disorders : novel expanding neurological phenotype