12-13 April 2021: Neuromuscular diseases: Moderator Professor Thomas Sejersen: 12 UEMS-EACCME® accreditation points.
14-15 April 2021: Neonatal Neurology: Moderator Professor Leena Haataja: 12 UEMS-EACCME® accreditation points.
General information: The EPNS has been organising training courses in paediatric neurology since 2003 specifically aiming at trainees but also at qualified paediatric neurologists who want to refresh their knowledge on certain topics. The aim is to cover most main topics in the syllabus over a three-year cycle and to promote contact between individuals in the speciality in different parts of the world. The 2021-2023 cycle of training courses is taking place in Jurmala, Latvia, however in response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic after careful consideration the decision has been taken to transition the EPNS Jurmala Training Course 2021 to a fully virtual event. EPNS delegates will experience the same level of expert training which they have come to expect but from the safety and convenience of a remote working location.
IMPORTANT: Participants must be EPNS members who have paid their 2021 annual membership fee to attend these training courses. If you are not a member, please email email@example.com for more information.
12-13 April 2021: Neuromuscular diseases (moderator Professor Thomas Sejersen)
12 UEMS-EACCME® accreditation points.
Programme: CLICK HERE
- Understand the genetic and pathophysiological causes of neuromuscular diseases.
- Understand the diagnostic tools to diagnose neuromuscular disorders.
- Get to know the clinical presentations of neuromuscular disorders.
- Make a sensible differential diagnosis in a child presenting with muscle weakness.
- Get to know about available therapy modalities for children with different types of neuromuscular diseases.
- Understand presentations, assessment, and interventions for acute neuromuscular conditions.
- Prof Guenther Bernert
- Dr Imelda Hughes
- Prof Montse Olive
- Prof Rosaline Quinlivan
- Prof Thomas Sejersen
14-15 April 2021: Neonatal neurology (moderator Professor Leena Haataja)
12 UEMS-EACCME® accreditation points.
Programme: CLICK HERE
- Understand normal development of brain.
- Know the clinical indications of different brain imaging modalities.
- Recognize the most common types of malformations of cortex and cerebellum.
- Conduct a systematical neurological examination in early infancy.
- Recognize the clinical pattern of findings related to CP.
- Know the most common developmental assessment methods and understand their clinical impact.
- Make a differential diagnosis in acute neonatal encephalopathies.
- Recognize clinical signs of hydrocephalus.
- Recognize a potential neonatal seizure and know differential diagnosis.
- Know management of neonatal seizures.
- Ass Prof Coriene Catsman – Berrevoets
- Ass Prof Floris Groenendaal
- Prof Leena Haataja
- Dr Anthony Hart
- Prof Tally Lerman-Sagie
- Dr Brigitte Vollmer
Virtual Training Course Fees
EPNS annual membership fees are based on the World Bank income category of the country in which our EPNS members practice. The Virtual training course fees will be based on the same income categories. Here is the list of World Bank Classification 4 high income nations CLICK HERE
- WB4A = Class 4 high income nations on the above list not highlighted
- WB4B = Class 4 high income nations on the above list highlighted in yellow
- WB123 = countries not Class 4 high income nations, i.e., not on the list above
The fees for the Virtual Training Course are as follows:
|EPNS MEMBER GROUP||FEE: ONE COURSE (i.e., 2 days)||Coupon Code|
|WB123 and WB4B||50 Euros||DISCOUNT#EPNS|
|WB4A||100 Euros||Not required|
Registration is NOW OPEN
Participants can either register for one (i.e., 2 days) or two training courses (i.e., 4 days) via the following links. If you wish to attend both courses, please register for them separately.
12-13 April 2021: Neuromuscular Diseases: https://www.winglet-community.com/content/epns-virtual-neuromuscular-diseases
14-15 April 2021: Neonatal Neurology: https://www.winglet-community.com/content/epns-virtual-neonatal-neurology
How to register:
- Access the above registration link (register separately for each 2 day course)
- Create a new account with your personal data on the top right of the Winglet platform (“SIGNUP”) or log in to your existing account (“LOGIN”)
- Place the EPNS course in your shopping cart via the button “Get Ticket”
- If you are entitled to register at a reduced fee (EPNS members in group WB4B or WB123) enter the coupon code DISCOUNT#EPNS in the 2nd step of the booking process; otherwise for WB4A skip this step and move forward to the next page.
- Fill in your payment details and complete your registration.
- Afterwards, you will have instant access to the online training centre.
General enquiries about group registrations, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ACCREDITED by the EACCME
The EPNS VIRTUAL Training Course Jurmala (Latvia) 2021, Alicante, Spain, 12/04/2021-15/04/2021 has been accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME®) with 24 European CME credits (ECMEC®s). Each medical specialist should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.” “Through an agreement between the Union Européenne des Médecins Spécialistes and the American Medical Association, physicians may convert EACCME® credits to an equivalent number of AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM.
How to get certified?
At the end of each course, we will ask you for your feedback. You can access the evaluation form via the button “Get Certified” directly below the livestream. Upon completion of the evaluation, your personalised certificate of attendance will be sent to you via email and also be available for download in your profile.
Restricted to participants who submitted a case presentation ONLY – access link has been sent via email.
Case Presentations: SUBMISSION PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED
The best participant case presentation from each course will be awarded a certificate and a bursary to attend the EPNS Training Course Jurmala (Latvia) 2022. The bursary terms for 2022 will be announced nearer the time.
AFTER THE TRAINING COURSE HAS FINISHED
This event will not be recorded, this is your one chance! PDFs of the presentations will be made available to fully paid up EPNS members.